Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Our Kitchen Garden Part 1


In addition to butterfly gardening, I enjoy growing vegetables. I have been busy with a new project over the past month, our new kitchen garden. I've been reading about kitchen gardens for years and saving photos and ideas. So I definitely had a vision for this garden. After observing how the sunlight hits our yard and consulting with Allison Palmer of Palmer's Garden & Goods, we finally decided on a location in our backyard.

An electrical outlet for the fountain was installed first. Then the existing grass was removed.

I wanted raised beds with benches (that were not too high for my 4 year old son to reach), pea gravel, and boxwood. I also wanted to retain enough green space for our three dogs. Allison proposed a water feature and stepping stones that lead from our house to the garden. 

Allison's crew installed landscape fabric over the garden space and quickly began building the raised beds.



More to come! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

2010 Design by sweet cheeky designs